Ukrainian State Enterprise of Posts “Ukrposhta” (USEP “Ukrposhta”) is included into the field of governing of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine. It is the national postal operator according to the Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated January 10, 2002.
The activity of USEP “Ukrposhta” is regulated by the Law of Ukraine “On Postal Service” dated October 4, 2001, other laws of Ukraine as well as the normative acts of the Universal Postal Union where Ukraine is the member since 1947.
Ukrposhta works as an independent economic unit since 1994 when the Ukrainian Postal Association “Ukrposhta” was founded. In July 1998 it was restructured into USEP “Ukrposhta” in its actual form, according to the Program of Restructuring of Ukrposhta approved by the Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 04.01.98 No. 1.
Ukrposhta today is:
- 31 branches, including: 25 regional directorates; 2 city directorates – Kyiv and Sevastopol; Directorate for Treatment and Transportation of Post; “Avtotransposhta” Directorate; Information and Settlements Directorate; Main Training Centre “Zelena Bucha”;
- more than 14 thousand post offices (including more than 10 thousand in villages) provide services within the whole country;
- more than 115 thousand active, qualified and careful workers are always ready to help the customers;
- direct delivery of mail to 15 million household postboxes and to every household in village;
- direct postal exchange with 72 countries in the world.
In general Ukrposhta offers to the customers about 50 different services.
Since 1992 USEP “Ukrposhta” issues the stamps and stamp-related products. During these years more that 1 000 topics of postage stamps are issued. Many of them received the merited recognition and won prestige international awards.
It stipulates issuing of a new kind of postage payment impressions. In the context of this service 7 varieties of subject stamps with coupons were put into use (coupon is destined for printing subjects selected by customers, in particular personal photo pictures, pictures of relatives and friends, logotypes of entities, companies etc.)
In 2007 Ukrposhta launched a new project called “Personalized Stamp”.